Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This week's Ask The Experts...

Question:
I have several new and vintage Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dresses that are identified as 100% silk (silk jersey?) It says dry clean only, but can they be hand washed/delicate cycle at home?
-Jennifer

Answer:
Hi Jennifer, how exciting! I bet they are beautiful. Follow the below recipe for washing delicates. If there are stains you will want to pre-treat with Stain Solution. I would recommend hand washing and make sure to lay flat and in shape to dry.

http://www.thelaundress.com/LaundryTips/washingDelicates.asp

Steam after.

Please note: do not wash any DVF rayon or viscose items - they will fit a 2 year old after....based on personal experience.

Happy Laundering!
Gwen Whiting

Response:
Hi Gwen,

Thank you so very much for your quick and thoughtful response! I had to laugh about washing the rayon or viscose dresses because, yup, I did that once before too! Comforting that I'm in good company.

Thanks again for the recipe! Absolutely could not exist without The Laundress products!

All my best,
Jennifer

1 comment:

jcrewphd said...

So no rayon or viscose fabric are hand washable? Will they shrink even in cold water? Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Our Blog